In project management, any project is running on the basis of some strong strategy or planning. The success of the project also depends upon the strength of these plans. For any successful project, there is always an appropriate execution plan that enables a manager to manage the project efficiently.
In this article, we will discuss the project execution plan and project execution template as well as its impact on the project life cycle. If you are looking forward to understanding the execution plan template you are in the right place
In order to write an effective project execution plan template, it must include
- Definition of the project as well as a brief summary of the project
- Draw an infrastructure of each and every step of the planning
- Give the detail of project programs
- Describe the cost management and other procedures accordingly
- Discuss everything about the contracting strategy
- Discuss the role and responsibilities of each and every member who is part of the project execution.
- Must include the risk assessment and management
- It manages to have a good consultation with the stakeholder
- This should include procurement strategy
What is Project Execution Plan?
It is actually a document that contains all the information about the objectives of the project including the scope, goals, quality, and cost, etc. which involves the coordination of the organization with the people and resources as well as the execution of those plans for attaining the desired goals.
Project execution is not the only a chart that shows a timescale but it is the detailed document that describes when, how and by home the desire goals is required to achieve. It may include the quality of the project’s product, its cost, and its benefit to the organization.
Benefits of Project Execution Plan Template
Excel provides a variety of templates that is beneficial in the field of project management. One of which is the project execution plan template. Some of the benefits are given below
- Perfect planning before the execution of the project saves the execution time
- It defines each and every aspect of the project very clearly
- This plan also makes the definite boundaries of the project and its scope
- It identifies the stakeholders and the able members of the project
- This provides the right track to follow so that the members stay on track throughout the project life cycle
- It enables you to have proper performance reports on a regular basis that increases the efficacy of your project
- identifies the basic need for communication among the team members and the stakeholders
- helps you identify the possible risks and establish a response mechanism against it
- Creates a specific criterion, products, and services included in the execution plan should qualify it in order to achieve the desired objectives.
- provides complete supervision over all the activities of the project
- Provides sources to fulfill the requirements of funds for the different stages of the project.
Article: Change Management Plan Template
Attributes of Project Execution Plan Template
There should be the following attributes in an effective project execution plan template
- development of the project charter
- development of project scope statement
- identification of risks
- Once a project execution plan is created each step of execution should be indicated in it
- Select the best tools and techniques for the execution
- specify the ways, how the steps will be executed to achieve the desired goals
- what are the ways for monitoring changes
- how the problems and issues will be resolved and how to address the pending decisions during the project life cycle
Construction of Project Execution Plan
A construction manager creates a project execution plan according to the requirements of the project. He considers the essential aspect during this process. Every person has its own roles and responsibilities in a project life cycle.
Related Article: Construction Cost Estimate Template Excel
The execution plan defines all these activities in the best way possible. First of all, With the help of documentation, the project is understandable and easily manageable. During the construction following elements are given the priority
- Resources (equipment and personals)
- Risks and challenges
- Procedures, contractors, subcontractors, and services
- Time limits and boundaries
Project execution template is a high-quality document that helps you in the project execution in an efficient way. The only need is, you have to select the right tool or template for your project. The template can customize. It contains the following data
- Project name
- Project execution plan
- Created by
In addition, The other pages of the template contain the detail of other aspects of the project life cycle like product scope, quality, and cost, etc. thus, the project execution plan template enables you to manage your task in the best way possible.
Related Article: Project Management Plan Template